Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kudos to DrWeb: the best free antivirus!

In the last few days my computer started to play random music, slowed down considerably and crashed minutes after I logged in... Quite a distress since my entire life is on my laptop. I tried all the antiviruses out there: Bit Defender (advertised as the best in the world was the worst, couldn't detect a single threat), Avira and AVG didn help either, Spybook found a few small threats, Anti-Malware nothing, and finally the famous Norton found ony 1 threat (a redirecting trojan) in a 24 hour system scan.

Enter DrWeb CureIt, an obscure, free Russian antivirus recommended by someone on a yahoo forum: it found 1412 threats on my laptop in a 2 hour scan, and fixed it brand new. I didn't have to do system restore nor buy a new laptop like I had feared.

It's really mind boggling how all the big players in the antivirus market were able to find none, or up to 1 out of the the 1412 threats in my laptop!

I have no idea who are the guys behind DrWeb but I would like to thank them!
They're the best!

No comments: